Re: [CODE] More fun!

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@circlemud.org)
Date: 06/04/01

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Mike Breuer wrote:

> Bit 32 (1 << 31) is the sign bit, so this could be a signed/unsigned
> problem. A more likely cause might be that somewhere there is some
> code that is not seeing the - sign as a digit, and is erroring at that
> point.  I would look carefully at the code that is parsing the mob
> file, as it seems that that is where the problem is.

Better yet change all bitvectors to be unsigned.  There's no reason to
encounter the problem with the sign bit at all and there's no reason to
make the loading code handle such a case.  All bitvectors should be
unsigned.  Don't be worried about breaking binary compatability: the
binary representation does not change.

It should be noted, however, that they don't appear to be in the stock
code.  I should change this.

--
Daniel A. Koepke (dak), dkoepke@circlemud.org
Caveat emptor: I say what I mean and mean what I say.  Listen well.