Re: [INFO]CircleMUD license as it pertains to world files

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@circlemud.org)
Date: 06/12/01

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Bil Simser wrote:

> I know the CircleMUD (and Diku) license is very explicit in it's use in
> derived works and whatnot but it seems to only talk about the source
> code.

From the opening paragraph of the CircleMUD license

  If you wish to use the CircleMUD system in any way, or use any of its
  source code, ...

Note that it says the "CircleMUD system in any way" -- this includes using
parts of the system.  The system, of course, is not just the source code,
but the entirity of the package.

--
Daniel A. Koepke (dak), dkoepke@circlemud.org
Caveat emptor: I say what I mean and mean what I say.  Listen well.