Re: [Newbie] How do I add races and hometowns?

From: Carlos Myers (dhstranger@hotmail.com)
Date: 06/15/01

> Okay my MUD's up and running. I already changed the classes on my MUD to
> whatever I wanted. But I figured that whats a MUD without races and
> hometowns, to show where their from? I check the WTFAQ and FAQ's at
Ceramic
> Mouse and found out that the "How to add races" was outdated. I am using
> circle30bpl17 with OasisOLC2.0a patched into it. Can anyone tell me how to
> add races and hometowns or send me a website that tells me how to add
races
> that isn't outdated? Thanks. Also one other thing, how do I make exits
> visible even when their closed? Like for instance say that to the north is
> door and it is closed. You won't be able to see it unless you have and
alias
> that opens door everwhere. How would I make the door visible even though
it
> is closed? One other thing, is ascii pfiles important to have? Well I
gotta
> go. Laters guys!

I did make a race package for CircleMUD 3.0 pl18 the day after pl18 came
out.  It contains a patch file, a snippet file and a copy of all of the
modified source files.  So you can pick your poison.

I decided not to uploaded it to the CircleMUD server since races were so
easy to install that even a novice programmer could do it by referencing the
existing race patch and snippet files.  But if there is a sizeable demand
for it, I may upload the package.

Carlos Myers