Re: META: Public flames (was,"NEWBIE: Does anyone have circlemud30bpl17 with OasisOLCv2.0 andDG Scripts patched in?")

From: Peter Ajamian (peter@pajamian.dhs.org)
Date: 06/20/01

"Daniel A. Koepke" wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Siber Wulf wrote:
>
> > Not to add to the fire, but I'm quite frustrated when people decide to
> > "flame another person" and send it to the mailing list.
>
> Sorry you feel that way.  Unfortunately, I can't agree with your point.
> I feel its invalid and short-sighted.  (And I've felt that way pretty much
> every time its been brought up.)

Well, as much as I agree with your points and as much as I feel the OP
deserved to be flamed (as many posters seem to be deserving), it would
seem the list rules (from the very list FAQ that you were so adamantly
insisting that the OP should adhere to) do not agree with you according
to the following quote from section 1 of the FAQ:

        Flames are not welcome on the list itself. If you feel
        the need to flame someone, please send it to them only.

My suggestion is to follow the guidelines of, "if you don't have anything
good to say, don't say anythign at all."  In other words, don't waste
your time.

Regards, Peter