Re: [CODE] XapObjs

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 06/20/01

> I recently patched in XapObjs into my MUD. Its Circle3.0bpl17 with OasisOLC
> 2.0 and dg scripts patched in also. I fixed the rejects which weren't many,
> I was kind of surprised with this, anyways, there is one function in
> act.wizard.c that's giving me a problem. the fuction is store_to_char, the
> MUD doesn't know what it is and I can't find any other occurrence of this
> function within the code. Is there another patch that XapObjs needs, where
> this function is? Here's a sample of what it looks like within act.wizard.c:
>
> Error: act.wizard.c:2805: undefined reference to 'store_to_char'
> I know what the error means, here's the actual code:
>
> *** Snip ***
>     CREATE(victim, struct char_data, 1);
>     clear_char(victim);
>     if (load_char((player_table + counter)->name, &tmp_store) > -1)
> -->   store_to_char(&tmp_store, victim);
>     out_rent(GET_NAME(victim));
>     free_char(victim);
>     percent = (float)((float) counter/(float) top_of_p_table);
>     if(percent > .25 && flag==0) {
> *** Snip ***
>
> its in the command ACMD(do_objconv)

Well, this shouldn't be a problem; depending on how you do it...

        I'm assuming that you have ascii pfiles, and if that's the case,
you just substitute your ascii file loading mechanism.  Of course, if you
are starting from scratch (player file wise) you can just remove this
function altogether; you don't really need to have a function to convert
your files from binary to ascii if you don't have any files - or don't
need to keep them.

                                                PjD