Re: ChangeLog Entry: Saving MUD time

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@circlemud.org)
Date: 06/20/01

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Zeavon Calatin wrote:

>   long beginning_of_time = 650336715;

Blargh.

Part of the point of the change for bpl19 was to get rid of this constant.
It translates to, BTW, August 10, 1990, which is around the time DikuMUD
was being developed.  First time up, write out time(0) as the beginning of
time.  This lets you maintain a starting Mud year/month/day/time in a much
simpler fashion (rather than tweaking the weird constant) until something
good comes out of it.

Has anyone tried doing such?  I think the results would be much nicer.

--
Daniel A. Koepke (dak), dkoepke@circlemud.org
Caveat emptor: I say what I mean and mean what I say.  Listen well.