Re: ChangeLog Entry: Saving MUD time

From: Bil Simser (bsimser@home.com)
Date: 06/20/01

From: "Zeavon Calatin" <zeavon@KILNAR.COM>
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Peter Ajamian wrote:
>
> I added this to my mud before it got added to the stock Circle code. I
> call save_time_to_disk() at the very end of another_hour() since that
is
> the only place that time gets changed.

A couple of things. You need to use struct time_info_data to use this
under Windows (at least with Borland, not sure about MSVC) so if anyone
is implementing this they need to make that change. As George pointed
out it would be better to use ASCII files instead of binary ones
(*nix -> mac problems). Also you should make a call to save_time_to_disk
right after the reset otherwise the time won't be saved until the
another_hour function gets called (which shouldn't be too long anyways).

liB