Re: Poll: Where did you get your CircleMUD?

From: Sergey S. Khoroshavin (sergey@pve.vsu.ru)
Date: 07/01/01

> 1.  When did you download CircleMUD?

Month or two ago.

> 2.  What version of CircleMUD did you download?

Circle30bpl18.

> 3.  Was it stock or was it a contributed server?

It was stock.

> 4.  What was the exact filename (if you can remember) of the server you
> downloaded?

Circle30bpl18.zip

> 5.  Why did you pick that particular version or server?

I didn't knew about something like conributed servers and patches like
DG Scripts, ASCII pfiles, OLC, e.t.c

> 6.  If you had to do it over again now would you use the same server?
> If not, what would you use and why?

I would use circle30bpl18 or later version. But only stock code. I want to
have as stable server, as possible. And if I need something like DG Scripts,
I would hand patch them, because I want to now every detail in software I
develop. But now I'm living without them and can't say that I'm suffering. :)
Most of changes I contribute to server are my own programs.

Best regards,
Sergey

P.S. By the way, is it possible to send conributions via e-mail? I've completely
lost access to Internet due to summer vacations until 1st September. But
I still have e-mail.