New Oasis Patches

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 07/03/01

$SUBJECT provided by Carlos Myers <farix@stargate.net>.

I also archived the old OasisOLCv2.0a release since the new patches are
against bpl18 instead of the bpl17 I used. I also added two sentences to
the README:

--- 8< --- --- 8< ---
SEND ALL BUGS TO <circle@post.queensu.ca> (the CircleMUD mailing list)

Do not mail me with bugs, questions, etc.  Please ask the list now.
--- 8< --- --- 8< ---

I don't want to keep getting questions on OasisOLC until I grow old and
die. Besides, someone else might take over OasisOLC and at that point I'm
no longer doing development so asking me about a new crash bug won't
accomplish a whole lot.  I might reply to a question on the mailing list
(depending on content) but one directly to me will likely just languish for
months.

The "upgrade" patch doesn't have the "1999 -> 2001" copyright notice change
in it because I had originally edited the patches for OasisOLC 2.0.1 when I
posted them.  I didn't want to re-diff it all for that change and the
full-version patch would have it anyway, so you'll have to live with the
arrangement.  Just make sure it's fixed if you re-distribute it.

Now back to deciding on whether SSL/zlib should be stock. ;)

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org

( Actually, I lied, a multi-hour modem download of Tales of the Luremaster
is first. )