Re: [OFF TOPIC] [LONG] Patches, Mega Bundles and Newbies

From: Mike Breuer (mbreuer@new.rr.com)
Date: 07/17/01

----- Original Message -----
From: "Neal and Kristen" <nlahndorff@EARTHLINK.NET>

> These are the
> people that should be roasted on a spit over a roaring fire.  I have
> no problem with questions, as long as you make SOME effort towards
> figuring it out yourself before you come and ask it.  And that has
> nothing to do with skill, or lack there of, but just pure laziness.

I agree with the sentiment, if not the solution.  :)

I do not like to assume that everyone is lazy and deserves to be (insert your
favorite form of torture here).  Would my generosity be misplaced in a lot of
cases?  Probably.  But I would rather give people, especially first time
posters, a chance to clean up their act before I (torture method from above)
them.

If, after repeated offenses, the poster does not clean up his act, go ahead
and (torture) him.  Although my personal preference is to vote with silence.
People will go away rather quickly if they are ignored.  In fact, there is at
least one person on the list whose questions I will not even acknowledge
because he/she is too damn lazy to figure out even the most basic problems.

Mike