Re: Poll: global buffers

From: Del (caminturn@earthlink.net)
Date: 07/20/01

George Greer wrote:

> Who thinks the global buffers (buf, buf1, buf2, arg) need to go?
> Who wants to keep them?
> and why?

Not much of a design person myself, but I think they should stay.
I do think (after running into some problems with global buffers) that
functions that need buffers should use something other than buf
defined locally.
Differentiate the global and local buffers, it is too confusing
to determine if your using a local or global.
Keeping them mostly for compatibility's sake and for those who
patch in older stuff, or write thier own and want to use them.
If I am miss-understanding what there true purposes is, please
let me know :)