[CODE] Redit/Room Information

From: William Autry (muxwizard@hotmail.com)
Date: 07/25/01

Greetings Everyone,
    Im new to the list and still trying to see how yall do your messages on
this list, but i have stumbled onto a problem i cant seem to acually locate
how to do something. I been working on my circlemud source for a year now,
and i was requested by one of my Theme Developers to add Room Sizing to the
description of the rooms
ie:
<..room description..>
Area Size: Large (L:50ft W:50ft H:50ft)
<..List Exits..>

I said that was a greet idea, so i started to look into it.
Now basically i coulde add this system to the redit menu and allow
each to be a int value and just structure the Room Size types and assign
them to and int value.

my idea was to add another line to each room information that showed like:
3 50 50 50

3 being the size, and the last 3 digits being the acually dimensions.
I am not all knowledgable on the wld file saving process and how to pull
room file info, seeing this is my first time to acually mess with the world
file saving and loading information.

is there anyone out there that can point me in a good direction? I know i
would have to add this new string to each wld file in each room. but right
now my mud has only 10 rooms total, becuase i cleared out all the old areas
many moons ago. But if there is anyone that can help please let me know.

Thanks for your time,

|Legionary(WTA)                              |
|Astral Visions(AstralMUD) - Lead Admin      |
|             Muxwizard@hotmail.com          |
|               AIM: Muxwizard               |
      "Life is to find meaning in Chaos"