Re: [NEWBIE] Damage Message code

From: Welcor (welcor@dune.net)
Date: 07/31/01

----- Original Message -----
From: "Timbrewolf" <brandon@timbrewolf.com>
> The specific code (from above linked archive) I'm trying to figure out is:
> >// message to onlookers
> >  *message = '\0';             // Reset the message cache
> >   istrlist (3, message,
> >             replace_string (dam_weapon[weapon_index].to_room,
> >                             attack_hit_text[w_type].singular,
> >                             attack_hit_text[w_type].plural),
> >             ", which ",
> >             dam_amount[amount_index].to_room);
> >   act (message, FALSE, ch, NULL, vict, TO_NOTVICT);

  char *message;

  message = replace_string(dam_weapons[msgnum].to_room,
                           attack_hit_text[w_type].singular,
                           attack_hit_text[w_type].plural);
  strcat(message, ", which");
  strcat(message, dam_amount[amount_index].to_room);
  act (message, FALSE, ch, NULL, vict, TO_NOTVICT);

Should do the trick.

The snippet isn't very different from the way stock code works. The
above 'message =...' is almost direct cut'n'paste from fight.c

Welcor