Re: [Newbie][idiot] Assistance with MSVC 6.0 and the olc patch

From: The Luthers (Dana and Todd) (luthers@ex-pressnet.com)
Date: 08/06/01

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Greer" <greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG>
> On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Alex wrote:
>
> >your not-so-friendly facist list admin,
> >Ae. (wondering why we even bother with documentation)
>
> It was once explained to me by a network administrator that the only reason
> they have signs is so they can point them out to angry people.  Nobody
> reads them, but they're great to shift the blame to the proper place when
> people complain.
>
> We bother with documentation because Jeremy said we have to have some. :)

On behalf of the *MANY MANY* people who have read and valued the time
spent in creating that documentation, and in the face of such
frusteration, I'd like to say thank you.

ObCircle:

With the rip buf patch that George posted a while ago, there was a
shift from using sprintf to snprintf. However, this is not something
that is supported by the windows systems. Have you considered making a
circle version of the snprintf, similar to the way you made a circle
specific strn_cpy?

Dana