Re: NEWBIE: New Players Crash on Quit

From: Sammy (samedi@ticnet.com)
Date: 08/10/01

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001 23:33:17 -0500, Ernest DeVore wrote:

>I isolated the problem down to comm.c within void close_socket. It's the
>following line:
>
>free_char(d->character);
>
>I comment this out, the game closes out the player just fine and no
>crash. Weird. I examined the free_char routine and it (according to
>comments) just frees up memory allocated to the player. So this prompts
>me to come to you with a few more questions.

You weren't specific when you mentioned the source of the code you're
using, but that sounds like something you'll get in one of Del's
bundles.  If so, it's caused by the ascii pfile mod.  You can fix it
pretty easily by getting the newest version of ascii pfiles (2.1) from
the ftp site and replacing your copy of diskio.c with the new one.

Sam