Nifty Languages

From: Caniffe (caniffe@caniffe.org)
Date: 08/28/01

I've been reading reports of people wanting to rewrite the codebase with
C++ or some other "niftier" programming language.  Whilst I believe the
CircleMUD community should embrace a challenge and adopt new
functionallity, I believe that moving aware from C or a variant of C would
prove disasterous.  Coding CircleMUDs IMHO is by far the easiest of all
the codebases, and actually flows quite logically.  I fear what C++,
however brilliant it may be, might do to CircleMUD's newbie-friendly
image.

-C.