Re: Adding Wear Slots

From: Mike Stilson (mike@c746148-a.ehlls1.pa.home.com)
Date: 09/04/01

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 05:40:52AM +0000, halitus wrote:
>I tried to add some new wear slots to my mud,
>but now it is segfaulting before it starts. To
>start I added both face and eyes slots, and
>all worked well.  Then I went and added a left
>and right ear slot, and now the mud does this
>
>from syslog.CRASH...
>  --- 8< snip >8 ---

Uh. Mebbe someone else can decipher this, but I'd need more information.

Did you add these slots after the existing ones?
ie:
#define (whatever the last stock slot is)
#define face (n+1)
#define eye (n+2)
etc?

There's about 3 places, IIRC that need changed to add a new slot.

>At this point it segfaults.  I edited structs.h,
>oasis.h, constants.c, objsave.c, and act.item.c to
>add the wear slots.  Anything missing?  An obvious
>mistake?

If it's that much code, I'll help you privately.. don't wanna spam the
list.

>Thanks for your time.
-I was bored.