Re: [Question][Code] Combining messages

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 09/11/01

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Dust wrote:

>Ah, nice patch it works but with an odd glitch in it that results in
>some very random (XX*).
>
>Not too sure what it is but here are some things in case anyone has
>some advice:
>(using http://developer.circlemud.org/old-patches/double.patch )

Did you grab double2.patch as well?  That makes it easier to add characters
not needing to be doubled.

>Output from have TWOX debug on, I added txt, twox, and t->output to
>the log. This is from the WELC_MESSG and the double code makes it
>appear as this:
>Welcome(77*) to the Realm of Shadows, may your stay here be full of...
>life.

It depends on how large of send_to_char() messages you throw at it.

>Also, some room titles get (XX*) in front of them.

As I said, making it understand "lines" instead of just trying to fudge the

  send_to_char("  ", ch);
  send_to_char("  ", ch);

which it obviously shouldn't.  The reason it (mostly) works is that people
generally send_to_char() lines at a time.  The color codes are exceptions
to that rule...

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org