Re: Race/Class code

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@circlemud.org)
Date: 09/25/01

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Ben Merton wrote:

> I've narrowed it down to what i believe to be causing the problem...

You should be storing the stats in real_abils.  The affected abilities are
for the player's stats when modified by spells, etc.  I'm guessing that
this isn't your problem.  See do_start() in class.c:

  roll_real_abils(ch)

which rolls new abilities based on the player's class.  Eliminate the call
to this function in do_start().

> Unfortunately interpreter.c is not setup in its declarations to work
> with data as specific as the objects aff_abils or real_abils.

Huh?  d->character->real_abils are the real abilities of the character,
d->character->aff_abils are the affected abilities of the character.

-dak