Re: [NEWBIE] bpl19 with OLC ...

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@circlemud.org)
Date: 10/27/01

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Caniffe wrote:

> In saying all of that though, I didn't mean to forget OBuild.  I was
> conceptualising on an OLC system to include, and first thought was Oasis.

The system to include--if any--is GenOLC with a thin interface to its
functionality.  Then Oasis and Obuild and NoteOLC and some other package
simply become front-ends.  The thin interface's primary purpose would be
as a demonstration of writing GenOLC front-ends.

This is the most inclusive of all choices.  No one really wants to write
the code for the low-level OLC routines and there wouldn't be too much
point in rewriting them.  Some people want to make their own interface to
the OLC system, and that'd be made that much easier.  Some people don't
want to bother doing that, and they can just use the Oasis, Obuild, Note,
etc. front-ends that suit them.  (Sure, why not use several?)

-dak