A "time"ly problem

From: RK (rlkm4@YAHOO.COM)
Date: 12/07/01

I want to make a procedure (void) that is capable of doing a planned
set of instructions on the first of the month, every month. Preferably
I'd *like* for it to run at 00:00:00 server time, but any time is fine.
I figured I could conver the time to a string and use a compare to
"1 00:00" or "1 00:00:00", but that would require that the check
be run every second and I don't see much of a reason to spam the CPU
with wasted cycles for a whole month. I imagine whatever solution is
found, it can be converted to once a day and once a year and once a
week...

Any insight?