Re: [CODE]Your opinion on new spell method

From: Mike Stilson (mike@velgarian.sytes.net)
Date: 12/07/01

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 08:01:14AM -0600, Cyberlord wrote:
>My example is the spell 'chain lightning' that is cast one round and hits
>it's target, then goes to sleep for 2 rounds and hits the next target...
>etc... until the spell wears off or runs out of targets.
>
>I also need to keep track of who has been hit already so they don't get hit
>again.
>
>Here is what I am planning, but would like some of your inputs before I code
>it.
>
>Initially the spell is cast on a named target. Then that target gets stored
>in the target list as someone that has been hit already.

I just implemented a chain lightning spell using events, it goes target
to target every 1/2 pulse violence, and so far we haven't been able to
crash it, even using it with my weapon spells.

The code's kinda big to post in an email, so if you're interested in
this method, contact me off the list and I'll see what all I can put
together for you.

-mike