Framing Output

From: Ramsey Stone (RamZStone@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/07/01

Greetings CricleMUD Coders,

     While pondering over my mess of a code one
day, an interesting thought caught my attention.
I was wondering if framing output had ever been
done. What I mean is something like this:

=Devyn says, "Hi!"                                         =
=>                                                         =
=You say, "Hola"                                           =
=                                                          =

This is a really stupid example, and of course, the frame
would be much bigger, but you get the idea. Basically, The
output constructs a frame around it. I am sure this could be
done easily, but with one problem. I only know how to do this
by erasing all the past buffer. I was wondering if there was a
way to construct a frame and still keep, say, the last 20 lines
of the output. Has anyone done this before? If so, how?

                        Just a thought in my very strange mind,
                                             Ramsey Stone(AKA Xerin)