Re: [NEWBIE]MY MUD WONT RUN!?!

From: krenshala (krenshala@jump.net)
Date: 01/08/02

From: Cory Harasym <tek002@yahoo.com>
> > > that means that it is running.
> > >
> > > try 'telnet localhost 4000'
> > >
> > > from a _DIFFERENT_ window.  (=
> > >
> >         Also, if you're trying to connect via IP
> > address, you may have to
> > insure that your ISP allows inbound connections on
> > that port.  After the
> > recent problems with windows IIS virii and the sort,
> > many ISPs are
> > blocking many ports.
> >
> >                                         PjD
> >
> Can you guys please help me this is pissing me
> off...what would u do if you found that nothing was
> working?! where would u go..what would u check pleasE!
>
> =====
> ¿~*~*Çðrý*~*~?

Can you connect to someone ELSES mud that uses teh same port?
What errors do other people get when they try to connect to YOUR mud on that
port from outside your ISP?
What errors do YOU get when you try to connect to your mud (obviously
from -inside- your ISP)?

These are the first that come to mind in trying to find where the problem
lies.  If you cannot connect to another mud that someone outside your ISP
can connect to, then the ISP is blocking the port.  (this is backed up even
more if people outside your ISP cannot get a connection to your mud on that
port).  If you CAN connect to another mud, the problem is most likely NOT
the ISP, but something you have (not) done.

     Larry

Larry Robinson
krenshala@koboldi.net
:wq