Re: [NEWBIE]MY MUD WONT RUN!?!

From: Cory Harasym (tek002@yahoo.com)
Date: 01/08/02

--- Mike Stilson <mike@VELGARIAN.SYTES.NET> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 03:20:54PM -0500, Karl B
> Buchner wrote:
> >Try changing your mud's port to 23 and see if that
> >works.  Your ISP probably (probably!) wouldn't
> >block that as it is the standard telnet port. You
> could
> >also try port 80 and other Internet related ports.
> >
> >Blaize
>
> Actually, no.
> If your (or his) ISP is as anal as lots are about
> running servers
> then they'll be blocking standard ports
> (http/telnet/ssh/ftp/nntp/etc).
>
> Port 80 is probably the MOST likely to be blocked,
> especially thanks to
> nimda/code-red.
>
> And even if they aren't blocking but their AUP
> doesn't allow servers,
> then you really don't want a standard port anyway,
> since their little
> automated 'security' scanners check those.
>
> --
I was just thinking...it may be from my
networking..cause my dad was spouse to do it..but it
didnt work so he jsut left it..we have to computers
connected to the internet through a hub..jsut one
question
Start>Settings>Control Pannel>Add/Remove
Programs>Windows Setup>Communications. I was just
wondering what needs to be selected to make your
netowrk. work. we are using windows ME. Thank you so
much guys for all your help!

=====