Re: look_in_direction & auto_exits

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 01/10/02

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Karl B Buchner wrote:

>> Wouldn't it be better to just do:
> [snip code]
>> (The astute will notice I basically just replaced "EXIT(ch, dir)" with
>> "rdata".)
>
>Very nice, but that wasn't what was trying to be done :P
>that shows the description for the exit...what was wanted
>was seeing the entire room--description, exits, people,
>objects and all.  Like for a thieve's peek skill or a scrying
>spell maybe (note: I have no idea why the original poster
>wanted look_in_direction this way, but that's not the point)

The point was to show how to use a room number instead of ch->in_room. I
wasn't trying to do exactly what they wanted, mostly because I forgot
exactly what they wanted halfway through it.  So I just did the room number
conversion.  Now do the same for the rest of the look functions and you
don't have to yank people around just to do so.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org