Re: [Newbie] Display question

From: ironfist (ironfist@texas.net)
Date: 01/19/02

Josh Harris wrote:

> <---SNIP-->
>
> if(t->character)
>    proc_color(i, (clr(t->character, C_NRM)));
>
> These two lines are the ones giving me trouble I think anyways.
>
> If I move those lines, then the color doesn't work at all, it will just
> give me the source code.  If I comment any part of it out it crashes my
> mud, and if I comment the whole thing out it doesn't work either.

try:

  /* if we're in the overflow state, notify the user */
  if (t->bufptr < 0)
    strcat(i, "**OVERFLOW**\r\n");

  /* add the extra CRLF if the person isn't in compact mode */
  if (STATE(t) == CON_PLAYING && t->character && !IS_NPC(t->character) &&
!PRF_FLAGGED(t->character, PRF_COMPACT))
    strcat(i + 2, "\r\n");

  if(t->character)
    proc_color(i, (clr(t->character, C_NRM)));

  /* add a prompt */
  strncat(i + 2, make_prompt(t), MAX_PROMPT_LENGTH);

proc_color and the strncat in that order, with  i as an argument instead of i +2
in proc_color

R.M
ironfist@texas.net
strife.betterbox.net 4100