Re: Ideas (RPG)

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 01/22/02

> I was wondering, would it be possible to make the MUD a total RPG so like
> you have to complete a quest (like Diablo II).

        I'll respond to this fast, so you don't get flamed out of control;

1.
        The phrase "role playing game" means alot of things, each person has
their own definition, and they'll take offense to you using THEIR personal
catch phrase for their own ideas about what qualifies a game as an RPG.

        Total RPG isn't even a qualifier I recognize.

        Diablo, btw, doesn't qualify as an RPG on many people's scopes.

        Of course, there's a subgroup I like to call Flaming Role Players,
who will be offended if you consider it an RPG and have combat and
equipment with stats.  If you're at all interested in this topic, you may
search for 'role playing' on the circlemud list.  Searching for the word
'vicarious' will turn up some interesting responses.

2.
        There are already quest systems available, though they have
varying levels of sucess, and you will most likely need to know how to
program to succesfully add it to your code.

        Search the ftp site for autoquest, or again, hit the list
archives.

                                        PjD