Shops still not Saving

From: Stephen Squires (gicker42@hotmail.com)
Date: 01/30/02

I've tried these fixes but they don't seem to work.

This one by itself doesn't crash the mud, but the shops still don't save.

>int real_shop(int vshop_num){  int rshop_num;
>
>  /* You could just remove the offset and +1. I had to make this just
>   * be top_shop, otherwise every reboot, I would lose my top shop
>   * which was just annoying. This seemed to fix everything up, I
>   * could go ahead and show shops after adding in new shops, save
>   * the shops, reboot and everything worked fine.   */
>  for (rshop_num=0;rshop_num<=top_shop-top_shop_offset+1; rshop_num++)
>   if (SHOP_NUM(rshop_num) == vshop_num)     return rshop_num;
>
>return NOWHERE;}

This one, when added, crashes when you try to exit out of the shop editor.
Error message is

0x400e0e8f in chunk_free (ar_ptr=0x40194620, p=0x50) at malloc.c:3225
3225    malloc.c: No such file or directory.
        in malloc.c

>In add_shop, look for:
>  for (rshop = top_shop - top_shop_offset; rshop > 0; rshop--) {and change
>  for (rshop = top_shop - top_shop_offset + 1; rshop > 0; rshop--) {
>
>This makes it so the top shop will actually save now. This was the
>problem in my MUD that Del found out, the last shop wasn't saving,
>but top_shop is incremented earlier, to the MUD tries to look for
>this shop which isn't there and it got ugly :)

The referred shop code is otherwise stock circle bpl19
Any help is appreciated.

Steve Squires