Re: OLC and Circle30bpl20

From: Bejhan Jetha (nhlstar6@YAHOO.COM)
Date: 02/09/02

>Anyone know where I can find a patch that adds OLC to Circle30bpl20? I
looked
>in the contrib dir, but nothing patched cleanly.

Okay I'm going to try to save you from flame, and maybe give you what they
might give you in a flame more politely. First of all alot of patches were
made for previous beta patch levels, and they do they change stuff when
they release new patch levels they dont just release the same one over
again just for the fun of it. So my point is that those olc patches are for
older version so you've got to learn how to manually patch.

I'll direct you to a site that teaches how:
http://www.circlemud.org/cdp/wtfaq/handpatch.html

Now alot of patches WILL NOT patch cleanly if you're using a newer version
then they were made on or you just don't have stock circle anymore. So get
used to Manual Patching.

Sincerely,
Bejhan Jetha