[Problem][I NEED HELP!] Adding in Races.

From: Abraham Dizon (soldier2003@hotmail.com)
Date: 02/10/02

Okay I got a problem and its pissing me off. I am trying to add races onto
bundle18_b (Del's Bundle &k& Circlemudbpl18). I found a snippet the other
day on adding races by Brian Williams <bmw@efn.org>. I followed it through
but in db.c I couldn't find these two things in it. I did a search for 1
hour but didn't find them:

GET_CLASS(ch) = st->class; and st->class = GET_CLASS(ch);

So that I can add these below them:

GET_RACE(ch) = st->race; and st->race = GET_RACE(ch);

Is their another approach to adding races? I did everything else basically.
I tried running my MUD without adding those things in db.c
and got this:

Feb 10 19:20:56 :: New connection.  Waking up.
SYSERR: gethostbyaddr: Not owner
Feb 10 19:21:13 :: SYSERR: no valid target to act()!
Feb 10 19:21:13 :: Closing link to: Hero.

The MUD is still running too. It occurs when I enter the CON_QRACE state. I
checked my QSTATES and made sure they where correct. But I could be wrong.
Please help me with this. Heh if I don't get races working right I will lose
nearly half of what I coded in already.
(Everything else including races.) Any help is welcome and thanks if you
help me.

- Hero

*Coding on a MUD as a newbie coder is a learning project for me*
*Though most people think not knowing how to code a MUD isn't a
learningproject*