[NEWBIE] Ascii player files combined with 128bit patch

From: Templar Viper (templarviper@hotmail.com)
Date: 02/25/02

Hello,
I have a codebase already with the 128bit patch succesfully patched in, and it's
working without problems. Some days ago, I wanted to put in ascii playerfiles.
However, I have noticed that those to patches do not work nicely together.
When compiling, I get the following errors:

db.c: In function `load_char':
db.c:2007: incompatible types in assignment
db.c:2008: incompatible types in assignment
db.c:2019: incompatible types in assignment
db.c:2050: incompatible types in assignment
db.c:2052: incompatible types in assignment
db.c:2180: incompatible types in assignment
db.c: In function `save_char':
db.c:2399: warning: passing arg 1 of `sprintbits' makes integer from pointer wit
hout a cast
db.c:2429: warning: passing arg 1 of `sprintbits' makes integer from pointer wit
hout a cast

The code:

(2007)    PLR_FLAGS(ch) = PFDEF_PLRFLAGS;
(2008)    AFF_FLAGS(ch) = PFDEF_AFFFLAGS;
(2019)    PRF_FLAGS(ch) = PFDEF_PREFFLAGS;
etc.

if(AFF_FLAGS(ch) != PFDEF_AFFFLAGS)
(2399)      sprintbits(AFF_FLAGS(ch), bits);
               fbprintf(fl, "Aff : %s\n", bits);

I have searched the mailinglist archive for any problems like this one, but I
haven't been able to find anything usefull. I am using a cygwin compiler at bpl17.
Any help or at least any clues would be very helpfull and greatly appreciated.