Re: Lossing levels when dieing?

From: Mike Stilson (mike@velgarian.sytes.net)
Date: 03/02/02

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 04:58:07PM -0500, Elie Rosenblum wrote:
>Also remember that you'll need to "unlevel" them in the delevelling
>code. What you will need to do is keep a data structure for each
>character that stores point gains for each level they gain; when
>someone has to go down a level, you have the right data to put them
>back where they were.

That would be exploitable.  If you don't get a good level, you could
just keep delevelling/relevelling until you get a "perfect" level.
I'd say just randomize it as far as stats go.  The real problem would be
with practices.  Then again, probably just a flag for "delevelled" in
the player struct, then if that flag's set, don't give more prac's or
something and clear the flag when they level.

-me

--
Under the DMCA, I'm allowed to use my computer and the internet to
design, discuss, and improve a thermonuclear weapon, but I can't