[NEWBIE] Circle + Windows98 = Problems

From: Chris (jad_cg@yahoo.com)
Date: 03/03/02

Hello,

I've recently downloaded circle30bpl20, and am attempting to run it on a Win98 system. I've been fooling around with the smaug and rot codebases on my computer for a year or so, but I have never attempted to run a circle mud. For that matter, I've never even PLAYED a circle mud. But I wanted to see what it's like, so I got the codebase. Anyways, back to my problem.

I'm using the most recent version of Cygwin to compile, which is working fine. However, when I attempt to run circle.exe, it gives me:
SYSERR: Fatal error changing to data directory: No such file or directory
Now I assume all I need to do is make a data directory somewhere. I figured instead of blindly making 'data' directories in the circle directory and sub directories in the hopes that I'd find where it goes, I'd ask here. Thanks =c)

- Kelven