Re: Adding in firearms

From: Abraham Dizon (soldier2003@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/06/02

Heh I'm back again. Well the reload command compiled fine and seems to be
okay. Here's the next part of the Firearms Code. Its the command shoot. I
think there is a better way to do this command and even shorter but I don't
know how to do it so I made my own. But one problem with my shoot command is
that I got some errors heheh like always :P

act.other.c:625: too few arguments to function `get_char_room_vis'
act.other.c:636: too few arguments to function `get_char_room_vis'
act.other.c:658: `shot_types' undeclared (first use in this function)
act.other.c:690: `shot_damage' undeclared (first use in this function)

           ch->in_room = target_room;
(Line 625) vict = get_char_room_vis(ch, arg2);
           ch->in_room = source_room;

(Line 636) vict = get_char_room_vis(ch, arg2);

           /* strcpy(argt, shot_types[GET_OBJ_VAL(weapon, 0)]);  */
(Line 658) sprintbit((long) GET_OBJ_VAL(weapon, 0), shot_types, argt);

(Line 690) dmg = shot_damage[GET_OBJ_VAL(weapon, 0)];

(Function its in):
dmg = shot_damage[GET_OBJ_VAL(weapon, 0)];
          damage(ch, vict, dmg, TYPE_UNDEFINED);
} else {

  /* we missed

     1) print miss message

  */

  sprintf(buf, "You fire %s at $N and miss!", argt);

-Constants.C-
/* Part of Firearms Code by Abraham Dizon*/
const char *shot_types[] = {
  "a missile",
  "a bullet",
  "an arrow",
  "a bolt",
  "a shell",
  "a rocket",
  "\n"
};

/* Part of Firearms Code */
const int shot_damage[] =   {

25,

35,

25,

35,

50,

75,

0
};

As always, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Also thanks to who
helped me so far in doing this code. Hopefully I'll be able to finish this
crap and move on to implementing it to my MUD heh. Also if you have another
way of implementing Firearms into the MUD, send me email on how to do it
please! Thanks. Well I'm out.

- Hero