Re: [NEWBIE] Script problem

From: Todd A Laycock (tlayco1@uic.edu)
Date: 03/15/02

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Matt Tolton wrote:

> I've written a dgscript with the wear trigger for a teleportation ring.
> Something odd is happening, though...for some reason the script seems to
> periodically execute, even if the person isn't actually putting the object
> on at that moment.  (It does work as intended when the person actually wears
> it, though.)  It gives the following error ONLY when it seemingly randomly
> decides to execute the trigger:
>
> [ SCRIPT ERR: Obj (a small gold ring, VNum 4589): oecho called by object in
> NOWHERE ]
> Loaf disappears in a flash of light!
> [ SCRIPT ERR: Obj (a small gold ring, VNum 4589): oecho called by object in
> NOWHERE ]
> Testsepher disappears in a flash of light!
> [ SCRIPT ERR: Obj (a small gold ring, VNum 4589): oecho called by object in
> NOWHERE ]
> Nefarious disappears in a flash of light!
>
> Any help/insight would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

If I'm not mistaken, this can happen when the object is unequipped and
then re-equipped in save_char is it?  Somewhere it's removed so that if
there are any stats that are being modified by objects, whether it is
strength or movement points or hit points or whatnot, are not the ones
written to disk when the character is saved.  Rather the character's
original points are written to disk.

When the objects are unequipped and equipped again, there's a call to
remove_otrigger and wear_otrigger.  So this is probably happening when
your characters save or are auto-saved.