Re: E-specs for spec proc handling.

From: The Arrow (arrow@pileborg.org)
Date: 03/15/02

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Welcor wrote:
> From: "Daniel A. Koepke" <dkoepke@CIRCLEMUD.ORG>
> > On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Bejhan Jetha wrote:
> > > What if they were used as intergers? Or you could just make a new flag
> > > called Specials or something like that so and have them under there.
> >
> > George's suggestion of using an E-spec field to set special procedures is
> > a much more attractive idea.
> >
> And could get rid of spec_assign.c altogether :)

Well, you normaly don't want builders to have access to all special
procedures. Thats why, in my prevoius mud, I had a notation of "public"
spec-procs. Builders could assign any "public" spec-proc to a mob with a
e-spec keyword, but some mobs had special spec-procs that weren't
accessible from the mob files.

I implemented it after seeing something like it in ROM or SMAUG, and
thought it might be a good idea.

One thing I didn't do however, was to drop the MOB_SPEC flag. Is it really
needed? Why not just use the GET_MOB_SPEC() macro to see if a mob have a
spec-proc assigned? Works well for rooms and items...  :)

/ Joachim
The Arrow                                   http://pileborg.org/~arrow/
Joachim Pileborg                        Arrow @ ptmud.pileborg.org 1111