Re: Reconsidering Special Procedure Semantics Change

From: Ronald Fenner (abbadon@mac.com)
Date: 03/18/02

On Wednesday, March 13, 2002, at 06:38 PM, AxL wrote:

>    If I'm reading what you're suggesting correctly, intergers wouldn't
> be
> flexible enough, as there could be cases where I would want to assign
> more than one spec to a mob.

well you could have an array or list of pointers to the functions that
need to be attached to the mob/object with each function having an id
either int or short character code and store that  in the file. then
when the mob is read in the code can attach the functions to the
mob/object. then at some point you can walk the list of functions and
call each one till one handles or something.

I have written a little piece of code that used item types to assign
certain object types the associated special procedure that went with it.
the advantage was with boards and banks you didn't have recompile the
mud to have them work and they would work as soon as they were added by
the OLC system.

Ron