Re: [NEWBIEish][CODE][LONG] defining racial size

From: Mike Stilson (mike@velgarian.sytes.net)
Date: 03/24/02

On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 03:35:36AM -0500, Russell Brown wrote:
>3. Making equipment size dependant is fun.
>4. My doors also have size limits, good luck getting your ogre down that
>storm drain.
>
>Let me know if you have any other good ideas for integrating size in
>other ways.

Modifying/Adding some wear flags such as WEAR_GIANT_RING and
WEAR_SMALL_NECKLACE can get a li'l messy but I finally caved in and put
it in after the 10 or 15 thousandth time someone pointed out how "it
only makes sense".

Size-based traps are also a source of fun.  Watching the group think
they're set with their 3 hill giant tanks, and suddenly everything
taller than a dwarf gets smashed by some falling cieling is always good
for a chuckle.

Another thing to check for, if you wanna show of a li'l sadistic streak,
is to even have size limits for rooms (Or maybe just use TUNNEL), and
have summoning something larger than the room can fit do varying types
of damage (from just instadeath to the giant, to generally damaging
everyone in the room as they get smashed into the walls).

-me

--
Under the DMCA, I'm allowed to use my computer and the internet to
design, discuss, and improve a thermonuclear weapon, but I can't