Re: Just a quick question deserving a quick answer

From: Tony Robbins (robbinsw@ucs.orst.edu)
Date: 03/25/02

From: Circle Discussion List [mailto:CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca] On Behalf
Of lijster op planet

[snip]

: Will patching/using snippets be easier if I use MSVC 6.0
: instead of borland c++ 5.01? Don't get me wrong, I'm not
: trying to get there the easy way, it's just that I notice
: that more people use msvc rather then borland.

[snip]

The short answer: probably not.

If you're talking about applying patches, there's likely no difference,
based on two points:

1.  You should be hand-patching, and
2.  The `diff' and `patch' programs have nothing to do with either of
those.

Neither of those development tools above address either of these issues.
You can find free Windows versions of the diff/patch applications, if
that's the problem, but it'd save you a lot of future trouble if you're
seeing everything that happens to your source code as you develop it.

Since you wanted a quick answer, I'm not going to rant further.  :)

-k.