Re: [NEWBIE] Making npc's gos when they kill other npc's

From: Alysia (alysia@speedconnect.com)
Date: 04/05/02

On the mud I play every so often, when a mob kills another mob
it will gossip about it in a humorous manner.
I thought hey this is a really neat way to make the non-player characters a
little more life like besides dg scripts and special procedures.

 Here are a few things I recently found out I do not want to happen.

 A. I don't want to give xp to mobs, they end up level 35 and crash the mud.

 B. Having them gossip everytime they kill eachother creates spam and is
truly annoying.mobs

/*Using this tweak is not going to produce the desired results.*/

if (IS_NPC(ch,victim)) {
      sprintf(buf2, "%s killed by %s at %s", GET_NAME(ch), GET_NAME(victim),
              world[ch->in_room].name);
       mudlog(buf2, BRF, LVL_IMMORT, TRUE);
      if (MOB_FLAGGED(ch, MOB_MEMORY))
         forget(ch,victim);
/*end*/

I just changed if (!is_npc) to if (is_npc) the funny part about it is they do
gossip after the extraction, with a ton of side effects (blush)

Now that I have written an epic novel to try and clarify my previous
question.

The real question is how would one, go about making npc's gossip about
killing other npc's and turning it into a flag in olc so that not every mob
is gossiping/bragging about killing eachother?
I think making this a flag should pervent an issue that Ziz brought up about
the ever popular mob being so stupid that it brags about killing itself.  Not
saying that this isn't going to happen, but if you only flag the mobs
that are Highlander "there can be only one " then you should not run into
the problem's with mobs looking stupid.

example The dork brags, the dork was just too easy of a kill.
there has to be more then one dork to have this happen.
I don't want npc bragging to be mud wide ick!

--
Alysia
alysia@speedconnect.com