not dead yet....

From: Edward J Glamkowski (eglamkowski@angelfire.com)
Date: 04/12/02

You'll pardon, but I haven't followed circle development in a while
and this NOTDEADYET flag....

I have a spell, energy drain, which may kill either victim or the
caster or both or nobody.  But if neither die, I want to set them
fighting.  Since the call to die() for ch and/or victim would happen
before extract_char_final() is called, I assume I should test for the
NOTDEADYET flag before setting them fighting.  Don't want dead people
taking swings...

So (note that I'm using bitfields...):

if (victim && ch) {
  if (IS_NPC(ch)) {
    if (!MOB_FLAGS(ch).MOB_NOTDEADYET))
      hit(victim, ch, TYPE_UNDEFINED);
  } else {
    if (!PLR_FLAGS(ch).MOB_NOTDEADYET))
      hit(victim, ch, TYPE_UNDEFINED);
  }
}

that right?  Seems like an awfully big hoop to jump though...
Just want to be sure I understand this correctly.

Sign up today at http://mail.lycos.com