CircleMUD beta patch level #21 released

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 04/15/02

...and this time it isn't April 1st.

First, a comparison to previous patchlevels:

-rw-rw-r--   1 greerga  circle     170935 Mar 18  2001 patch.pl17-pl18
-rw-rw-r--   1 greerga  circle     250031 Aug 14  2001 patch.pl18-pl19
-rw-rw-r--   1 greerga  circle     459354 Jan 16 15:16 patch.pl19-pl20
-rw-rw-r--   1 greerga  circle    1019736 Apr 15 20:36 patch.pl20-pl21

Wow, almost a megabyte! Have fun hand-patchers. :)

Ok, put the bat down. Most of that is just adding the (La?)TeX
documentation that Alex slaved away to convert from the old abandoned
SGMLTools format.  So the actual code changes are small by
comparison.  They're still quite substantial due to:

* Removal of global buffers. Hindsight says: nice idea, bad implications.

* send_to_char() and mudlog() variable arguments. [1]

* almost complete string audit (still need act.informative.c and one line
  in spell_parser.c marked "BAD") causing lots of upheaval.

* BSD snprintf implementation for those lacking one. [2]

Lots of changes, probably missing something beyond what I realized one
minute after making the package.  So let me know if you find anything.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org

1: I can make an alternate patch to make it 'send_to_charf' if people
   prefer, but I doubt such a patch would apply anyway.
2: Not that I have such a platform, and I forgot to modify all the
   "Makefile"s except for Makefile.in. Doh. If Windows doesn't have
   snprintf(), make sure to add bsd-snprintf.c to the object list like you
   see for Makefile.in.  If it's a big problem, I'll do a slip update.