Re: page_string is weird

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 04/30/02

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Kras Kresh wrote:

>I changed the TRUE to a FALSE in page_string in act.wizard.c for show shop
>and the first page is blank and the rest are fine. What happened?

An acute failure somewhere between the keyboard and the chair, specifically
regarding an understanding of the 'keep_internal' flag.

BTW, you mean list_all_shops() in shop.c, that's the 'show shop' command.

>The answer would probably explain problems with other things that only
>have one page and won't display anything. However, some others do display
>even though they are only 1 page.

Compare and contrast the use of TRUE/FALSE in page_string() with the
expected lifetime of the variables handed to said function.  Then you
should understand exactly why it's not working.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org

(What? You're expecting me to just tell you? This is more educational.)