Re: [Newbie] OLC Saving problem

From: Jason Yarber (JasonYarber@hotmail.com)
Date: 04/30/02

Ok, to clear some things up here, I've tried typing "redit save 1200" and
that doesn't work.  By looking through the code in oasis.c, I've noticed
that it is attaching the two zero's on itself, therefore, if I type "redit
save 1200" it will look for zone 1200, not zone 12.  So that part is
functioning properly.  I've kinda narrowed it down to a few lines by placing
sprintf's and send_to_char's strategically in the oasis.c file.  I started
to track a variable called "number"  I've noticed that the value of 'number'
remains constant as it should, but when fed into
"zone_table[OLC_ZNUM(d)].number" in the following lines:

    switch (subcmd) {
    case SCMD_OASIS_REDIT:
    case SCMD_OASIS_ZEDIT:
    case SCMD_OASIS_OEDIT:
    case SCMD_OASIS_MEDIT:
    case SCMD_OASIS_SEDIT:
      sprintf(buf, "Saving all %ss in zone %d.\r\n", type,
zone_table[OLC_ZNUM(d)].number);
      send_to_char(buf, ch);
      sprintf(buf, "OLC: %s saves %s info for zone %d.", GET_NAME(ch), type,
zone_table[OLC_ZNUM(d)].number);
      mudlog(buf, CMP, MAX(LVL_BUILDER, GET_INVIS_LEV(ch)), TRUE);
      break;

the whole thing is returning a zero, while 'number' still retains it's
proper value.  By looking back upon the coding before that line, I can't
really see where "OCL_ZNUM(d)" is being assigned.  I'm thinking that may be
my problem.  If not, then it may lie within the "zone_table" struct.