Re: SEDIT

From: Jared Noble (jnoble@inreach.com)
Date: 05/12/02

> I've tried all the "fixes" that have been posted for SEDIT on the mailing
> list but I yet to have a working SEDIT. I gdb and get very strange errors
> every time, everything from null pointers which shouldn't be to unknown
> sources of errors. Can anyone please provide me with a definative path to
> follow when patching/fixing SEDIT? I'd perfer if someone just uploaded a
> working copy of genshp.c and sedit.c for Oasis 2.0 on the FTP or
> something. I've got stacks of printouts where I have been hand tracing the
> problem and I have failed to find it.

If it's a problem with edited shops saving then the following code
is what should appear in genshp.c

If it's another problem, please post more information.

/*
* Save messages'n'stuff.
* Added some small'n'silly defaults as sanity checks.
*/
fprintf(shop_file,
"%s~\n%s~\n%s~\n%s~\n%s~\n%s~\n%s~\n"
"%d\n%ld\n%d\n%d\n",
S_NOITEM1(shop) ? S_NOITEM1(shop) : "%s Ke?!",
S_NOITEM2(shop) ? S_NOITEM2(shop) : "%s Ke?!",
S_NOBUY(shop) ? S_NOBUY(shop) : "%s Ke?!",
S_NOCASH1(shop) ? S_NOCASH1(shop) : "%s Ke?!",
S_NOCASH2(shop) ? S_NOCASH2(shop) : "%s Ke?!",
S_BUY(shop) ? S_BUY(shop) : "%s Ke?! %d?",
S_SELL(shop) ? S_SELL(shop) : "%s Ke?! %d?",
S_BROKE_TEMPER(shop),
S_BITVECTOR(shop),
mob_index[S_KEEPER(shop)].vnum,
S_NOTRADE(shop)
);

By the way, this above snippit goes into save_shop, or
rather it replaces the code there. Check to see what the
differences are. Or you can just replace that whole block
of code.

Jace