Re: Autowiz problems

From: Edward J Glamkowski (eglamkowski@angelfire.com)
Date: 05/22/02

>                                 Implementors
>                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>                                 Greater Gods
>                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~
>                                    John
>
>                                 Implementors
>                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>                                 Greater Gods
>                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~
>                                    John

Yep, the autowiz stuff on the ftp site does have this bug in it.
I fixed it myself, probably an overkill solution, but it works;
replace your create_wizlists function with:

void create_wizlists(void)
{
        FILE *fl;

        if (wizlist) {
                free(wizlist);
                wizlist = NULL;
        }
        if (immlist) {
                free(immlist);
                immlist = NULL;
        }
        if (levels) {
                free(levels);
                levels = NULL;
        }

        initialize();
        read_file();
        sort_names();

        if (remove(WIZLIST_FILE)) {
                mudlog(BRF, LVL_GRGOD, TRUE, "Could not delete IMMLIST_FILE in create_wizlists()");
                return;
        }
        fl = fopen(WIZLIST_FILE, "w");
        write_wizlist(fl, min_wizlist_lev, LVL_IMPL);
        fclose(fl);

        if (remove(IMMLIST_FILE)) {
                mudlog(BRF, LVL_GRGOD, TRUE, "Could not delete IMMLIST_FILE in create_wizlists()");
                return;
        }
        fl = fopen(IMMLIST_FILE, "w");
        write_wizlist(fl, LVL_IMMORT, min_wizlist_lev - 1);
        fclose(fl);
}

Sign up today at http://mail.lycos.com