Re: [NEWBIE] Adding changeable flags to who list

From: Kras Kresh (kras_kresh@hotmail.com)
Date: 05/29/02

>From: Brian Hutchins <brianh@OSPREY.NET>
>Subject: [CIRCLE] [NEWBIE] Adding changeable flags to who list
>Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 09:42:43 -0400
>
>I am needing a little help getting started with adding flags onto the
>end of the titles in the who list. What I am wanting is this...
>
>[65 Afr Mon] Fury is back! (deaf) (NEW_FLAG_HERE) (ANOTHER_FLAG)
>
>I don't want to use PRF_FLAG for this, I want it to be something that
>can be changed online by immortals to whatever the mood is that day. I
>also would like to be able to add multiple flags.

You didn't say anything about saving these flags.

Assuming you want to save them... You will need to use either PRF or PLR
flags unless you added something else to the player file. Then just
create some function(s) to set these flags to whatever you want to call them
for that day.

If you don't want to save these flags, just go somewhere in struct char_data
(can choose another location) and add char *flag_of_day or something. Then,
create some command to give them the flag line per character. These "flags"
will disappear when they log off. You should also free up the space taken
when they log off in free_char().

And remember to modify do_who() to show the flags.