Re: CircleMUD 3.0 Ripe Beta or Next Version

From: Bussy, Lee (OTS-KC) (lee_bussy@output.net)
Date: 06/17/02

Original Message From: Julian Buckley

>> Coding.doc in my view should contain example code (obviously) -
>> however, it should be explained to the death, line by line,
>> using as many of the common circle functions as possible.

I just though I would chime in here as one of the newbies.  What would help
me not annoy you all? :)

There are a few things that should be included in the "Final Release" (tm)
IMHO but there are some things that should definitely be left out and/or
left customizable.  I'm thinking:

 o  Color
 o  Additional Levels
 o  Additional Races

All these seem to be VERY popular with newbies like me and 9 times out of 10
we don't know how to do the simplest troubleshooting or are simply afraid
to.  If a couple of these "common" mods could be incorporated into a coding
doc and as Julian says "explained to the death" it would be helpfull (I
think) to people like me and make us less afraid to dive in.

Add to that changing some messages, socials, spells, etc. Man, I'd be busy
(on my own) for a long time.  No matter what the docs say, I learn from
doing and If I can do simple things and be succesfull, I'm more encoiraged
and have something to build on.  I realize books on C are better in the long
run but I usually do things like that after getting a "taste" and learning a
little.

Anyway, that's just my (newbie) $0.02 worth but I was thinking you guys
don't _need_ this doc, I need _you_ to write it. :)