Re: CircleMUD 3.0 Ripe Beta or Next Version

From: David Cole (tiznor@softhome.net)
Date: 06/18/02

>If you're going to save the corpses, why not save the rest of the world's
>state as well?

Funny you should mention that, what I've done is eliminate corpses all
together for PC's and have player, when in death, goto another plane of
existance. As for objects and the world state, so far I have managed to save
all objects within the world in individual files for each vnum (room). Think
in real life terms, if you drop a ration, the mud reboots, the ration should
steal be there no? I think so.

As for saving mobs, I'm still pondering it.

> David if you could, would you come back from the future and reset your

Thanks for pointing that out. I never noticed it.

> Oh and David if you really are a time traveller could i borrow your time
> machine for a bit ;)

LOL

Thanks,
Dave